Welcome to Cockroach Control We can help with all your Cockroach Control Problems for both domestic and Commercial customers.
Pest Control southend is committed to providing an efficient and dependable Pest Control and prevention service in . We aim to provide a safe working environment for our customers whilst complying with legislative and audit requirements.
We have gained many customers through recommendations over the years, both from the commercial and domestic market.
St George’s Pest Control Ltd is a member of the BPCA (British Pest Control Association) and has several accreditations including CHAS, Construction line, Safe Contractor, CSCS and have been approved by the Essex County Council – Buy with Confidence scheme.
For all your Cockroach Control Problems and for a Cockroach Control Quote in please contact us on 01702 278024.
The German Cockroach
• Brown-dark brown, 10 – 15mm long
• Two distinctive stripes on thorax
• Long wings overlapping body (male and female)
• Female carries its egg case (ootheca) until nymphs are ready to hatch
• The ootheca (egg case) can contain up to 35 eggs
• From nymph to maturity in 6 to 12 weeks
The Oriental Cockroach
• Dark brown-black, 20-25mm long
• The male has wings that cover two-thirds of its abdomen
• The female’s wings are underdeveloped
• The female deposits its egg case on packaging, sacking, in dark crevice before the nymphs hatch out
• Each egg case (ootheca) contains 16 to 18 eggs
• From nymph to maturity in 6 to 12 months
General preventive measures against cockroach pests include frequent cleaning in the kitchen, keeping all food stored away in sealed containers, using rubbish bins with tight lids, and regular vacuuming. Repair any water leaks such as dripping taps.
To treat a cockroach infestation we would apply a residual insecticide into all kitchen cupboards and units, behind fridges and freezers and other kitchen equipment. An insecticide gel applied into cracks and crevices, gaps in tiles and around pipes etc.
Usually 2 visits will be required, but more treatments may be necessary. For heavy infestations or large premises, such as hospitals, blocks of flats etc, we would recommend a pest prevention contract providing regular treatments over a twelve month period.