Welcome to Carpet Beetle Laindon We can help with all your Carpet Beetle Problems for both Domestic and Commercial customers.
St George’s Pest Control Ltd is a member of the BPCA (British Pest Control Association) and has several accreditations including CHAS, Construction line, Safe Contractor, CSCS and have been approved by the Essex County Council – Buy with Confidence scheme.
For all your Carpet Beetle Problems and for a Carpet Beetle Control Quote in Laindon please contact us on 01702 278024.
- The carpet beetle is 2-4mm long, mottled brown, grey and cream coloured
- The adult carpet beetle lays its eggs in fabric or fluff in buildings and old bird’s nests in lofts
- It is the carpet beetle larvae (known as woolly bears) that cause the damage to carpets and upholstery
- The larvae feed on wool, fur, feathers, natural fibres. The adult carpet beetle feeds on pollen and nectar
- Carpet Beetle larvae are 4mm long and covered in brown hairs; found in airing cupboards or under furniture in search of food (typically clothes, blankets and carpets).
- Larvae damage appears as round holes along the seams of fabric where the grubs bite through the thread.
- The first signs of a carpet beetle infestation may be cast skins left by the larvae as they shed their skin
Insecticide spray treatment applied to all infested areas including crevices, under carpets and where fluff may collect. The residual insecticide is needed to kill off the larvae (woolly bears).
To prevent further infestation, check loft areas and remove any old bird nests and regularly vacuum fluff and debris from carpets, floorboards, shelves and upholstery.